All Saints, Haslingfield

All Saints, Haslingfield
01223 870285
Church Street
CB23 1JF
show map
      There has been a church on the present site since Norman times; there are Norman remains - a
      string-course carved with a saw-toothed pattern - in the north and south walls of the chancel. It was consecrated by Thomas de Insula, Bishop of Ely in 1352. In spite of its alleged poverty, the church has managed to survive the collected ravages of age,
      puritans and acid rain, and to charm many a visitor.

      The chancel ceiling is decorated with the symbols used in a "Clog Almanack". This was a pictorial calendar of saints' days used by (probably illiterate) workers, which was carved on a square piece of boxwood